- Visual Design
- Creative Direction
- API Integration
Bringing a physical store into the digital world
Sunglass Style is proudly NZ owned and operated and has been providing customers with excellent product selection and service since 2004. They have 15 retail stores throughout NZ and approached Nero Motion to design and develop their first online store and create their digital marketing content.
What we did
SunglassStyle wanted to add a digital dimension to their already successful physical stores. They already had a strong brand and the design team made sure that this was flawlessly integrated into the UI design of the site.
The E-commerce Customisation
Behind the scenes of SunglassStyle is a highly complex engine delivering an amazing customer experience. Features include displaying just the sunglasses available in stock and only charging the buyer’s credit card once dispatched.
To all this happen, there is a lot of technology supporting the backend, including:
- Fully customised catalog, cart and checkout processes.
- Custom Silverstripe integration with DPS PxPay and PxPOST payment gateway options that support Auth/Complete transaction processing.
- Custom Silverstripe module to provide REST-based API for integration with stock system for warehouse, product and stock data updates.
- Customised back-end to support enhanced integration with DPS, courier tracking, and customer emails.
- Year 2017
- Platform Silverstripe
- Website sunglassstyle.co.nz
The mobile consumer
SunglassStyle required their new e-commerce store to not only perform great on desktop but also on mobile. A large number of their target audience are avid mobile online shoppers so it was crucial to ensure the site still retained its full capabilities even on the smaller screen. Nero Motion acknowledged this and created a fully responsive site that provides the user with a simple journey from choosing a product to check out.